Small Group Questions – Gifts in the Body of Christ
If you could speak another language, what would it be and why?
Have one of the group read 1 Corinthians 12:27-31
- Think of the analogy of the church as the body of Christ. Which part of the human body which you say depicted your part in the church? Why?
- When you hear the words from verse 27, ‘each one of you is a part of it’, how do you feel? What comes to your mind? What do you see is your part in God’s kingdom advancement?
- You and your contribution are essential in the body of Christ. Discuss that statement. What stops you believing that? What helps you believe that?
- David gave the illustration of the different ways of drinking from a water bottle here and in Nepal. What does this say to us about ministry?
- Do you see yourself as a disciple maker? Discuss that. What can change to help you grow in being a disciple maker?
- A phrase we have used in our church regards mission is, ‘Give, Pray, Go’. How are you going in each of those in your life?
- Paul mentions people and specific gifts in this passage. Consider prophecy. Read 1 Corinthians 14:3-5. What does Paul say about prophecy? How would you define prophecy? How can you grow in your use of prophecy?
Pair up and ask God to give you a gift (word, verse, picture, etc) for the other person. Listen for 2-3 minutes then share it with the other person and pray it into their life.LISTEN TO THE MESSAGE »
December 05, 2017
November 28, 2017
November 21, 2017