Small Group Questions – Australians Together Part 4
Spend a few minutes asking your group to prepare themselves with an attitude to listen, putting aside preconceived ideas and opening their hearts to hear. Encourage them to take on a posture of listening even if they have previous experiences or opinions. We suggest you spend a few minutes in prayer before and after your time together.
Spend a few minutes reviewing the second episode. Ask your group if they want to share any thoughts or anything they’ve learnt.
1. Watch Biblical ReflectionWATCH BIBLICAL REFLECTION 4 HERE »
2. As a group, read 2 Corinthians 5:17-19
3. As a group, discuss the following:
Karl reminded us that as followers of Jesus we experience the wonder of reconciliation with God, and as a result of this we have been entrusted with the message of reconciliation.
What do you think we need to do in order to demonstrate the truth and meaning of this message?
Mavis explained very clearly what she thinks this means when she said, “We (Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australian Christians) need to come together – that’s what the Lord him looking for – people to come together. God’s Spirit will move when we forgive each other – to get right with God and each other.”
How might you be able to respond to the challenge of her words?
Encourage your group to spend time individually writing or praying about what they have just heard.
It may be helpful to ask your group questions such as:
1. What does Australians Together mean to you?
2. Why is an era focused on relationship important and what might that look like?
3. Now let’s dream a little. Let’s believe that things can change if the church takes up the challenge to set an example of respectful relationships with people
everywhere. What might Australians Together look like in 5 or 10 years time?
Once they’ve had time to think about the questions you might like to spend a few minutes sharing thoughts with each other.
Conclude with prayer for each other…
If you missed church and you would like to catch up then…WATCH EPISODE 4 OF AUSTRALIANS TOGETHER HERE »
May 21, 2018
May 17, 2018