Small Group Questions – Smells and Letters (NLOL Week 3)
- Share in your group some of your favourite smells.
- Read 2 Corinthians 2:12-13 What impacts you out of these verses?
- In 2:14-17, Paul talks about us being led by God in Christ’s triumphal procession. The latest version of the NIV refers to us ‘as captives’ but the earlier version leaves ‘as captives’ out. Discuss in your groups the significance of that considering what David mentioned about the context of the processions in Roman times.
- Paul says we are the aroma of Christ. How does that make you feel?
Share about people in your life who really do have a beautiful aroma. What is about them specifically that is the aroma of Christ?
- Share, if you are willing, how God has sweetened up some of the ‘bad smells’ in your life.
Any other smells the Spirit is still at work on in your life? Share if you wish.
- Read 2 Corinthians 3:1-3
How do you feel knowing that your life is a letter of commendation for Jesus?
- In his sermon, David mentioned the need for us to connect the dots for people. They may smell the aroma of Christ in us and read our living letter but we need to have conversations about Jesus. Share of recent times when you had a Jesus conversation with someone. What got it started?
- Which of David’s examples impacted you? What other conversation starters have you used?
What helps you ‘lean in’ to these conversations?
- How does 2 Corinthians 3:4-6 impact you?
Go into each day full of prayerful anticipation!!
Take some time to pray for each other and unbelievers in your life.Listen to the message »
May 21, 2018
May 17, 2018