(NLOL) – Show Us Your Glory
May 6, 2018
2 Corinthians 3:7-18
“Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!”
“Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away. But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts.”
- Jesus is the LORD of Glory and only he will satisfy.
Paul compares the OLD with the NEW
- One written on stone, the other written on hearts.
- One of the letter, the other of the Spirit.
- One unto death, the other unto life.
- One veiled, the other unveiled.
- One brings condemnation, the other righteousness.
- One passes, the other remains
What does Paul want us to do?
- Turn to Jesus
- Experience true FREEDOM
- Contemplate (meditate on) the LORD’s Glory
BE BOLD IN THE HOPE THAT WE HAVE IN CHRIST!
May 21, 2018
May 14, 2018
April 30, 2018