Small Group Questions – Show Us Your Glory (NLOL Week 4)
Let’s read together about the Greater Glory of the New Covenant in 2 Corinthians 3:7-15
Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!
Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away. But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts.
- What stands out to you from the passage?
- What is the glory of God?
Under the new Covenant what 3 things does Paul want us to do, and why?
- In verse 16?
- Is there some area in which you personally need to turn to Jesus to experience his grace?
- In verse 17?
- Is anything holding you back from being free to be the person God created you to be?
- In verse 18?
- How do we contemplate God’s glory?
- How do we play our part in reflecting the Lord’s glory?
June 05, 2018
May 21, 2018