Living Well is a healthy lifestyle program founded on biblical principles. In this program we look at whole-life health in a way that honours God. Being good stewards of what God has given us includes our health (body, mind, spirit).
We explore 5 elements in the Living Well series:
- FAITH : What does God have to say about our health? Looking after our body is a spiritual discipline and an act of worship. We will look at the why behind taking care of our health and how we can honour God with our wellness.
- FOOD: What we eat has a massive impact on all aspects of our health. Food can be medicine and food can be poison. How can we eat in a way that is life-giving? This is not about restriction, diets, meal plans or weight-loss but enjoying the abundance of God-made food we have access to and living with health and vitality.
- FITNESS: Our bodies were designed to move. Movement not only affects our physical health but our mental health too – motion affects emotion. We will look at some simple ways to move more…and enjoy it!
- FOCUS: How can we renew our minds and take captive our thoughts? We’ll look at willpower vs God’s power, distractions, choice, emotions, gratitude and thoughts. Where you bring your attention determines how you will feel.
- FRIENDS: God made us to be in community – we are better together. We can help one another to get well – community can spur us on to making the changes we need to make.
Living Well is a 7 week series. Receive information, inspiration and practical tools for health and well-being.
The program will be presented by Mandy Wallace, a qualified health coach and teacher.